Maxus Dental is Practicing Sedation Dentistry
At Maxus Dental, we pride ourselves on providing caring, empathetic dentistry for our patients. But sometimes, a patient suffers from a higher level of dental anxiety or has a very low tolerance for pain. The corresponding apprehension about going to the dentist can lead to patients missing or not scheduling appointments, which can exacerbate dental health problems. To help our patients overcome these issues, we provide a painless dentist experience by offering sedation dentistry or sleep dentistry.
Levels of Sedation Dentistry
Sleep dentistry uses medication to help patients relax during dental procedures. We recommend Sedation dentistry for patients who have any of the following conditions:
- Dental Anxiety
- Highly Sensitive Teeth
- Difficulty In Achieving Numbness Through Anesthetics,
- Extensive Dental Needs
At our Maxus Dental – Aloha location, we offer four levels of sedation that come in different forms:
- Oral sedation is where the patient is completely conscious, but may not remember much of the procedure.
- Nitrous Oxide sedation is a form of dental sedation where the patient is awake, but relaxed.
- IV sedation is where the patient is on the edge of consciousness, but can still be awakened. With this form we use administer and IV into your arm while you are conscious and you remain on the edge of consciousness during the remainder of the procedure.
- Deep IV sedation is using an anesthesiologist, where the patient is not conscious and breathing is supplemented. This level of sedation dentistry is uncommon and usually only done for major procedures or in special cases.