Teeth Misalignments Corrected By Invisalign®
Invisalign® treatment can correct the exact same dental issues and teeth misalignments as traditional metal braces. The difference is they are far more aesthetically pleasing by being less noticeable.
These teeth misalignments include:
- Overcrowding: Overcrowding occurs when there is not enough space for the teeth to align normally in the mouth. Overcrowding can cause tooth decay and increase the likelihood of gum disease. Invisalign® treatment can correct overcrowding within 6 months with patient cooperation.
- Overbite: An overbite occurs when the upper teeth project further than, or completely cover, the lower teeth. The patient might experience jaw pain with an overbite.
- Underbite: This is the inverse of the overbite; the lower teeth project further than, or completely cover the upper teeth. This too will cause jaw pain.
- Gaps Between Your Teeth: Gaps are usually due to missing teeth or because the jaw begins to grow abnormally and continues to do so as you age. Invisalign® treatment can fix the gaps and make your smile look brand new.
- Crossbite: A crossbite is when multiple upper teeth bite inside the lower teeth when you smile or chew. As a consequence, uneven wear can lead to bone erosion and gum disease. We recommend Invisalign® treatment for correcting some crossbites
The first step to Invisalign® treatment is to meet with doctor Adams and get a preview of what your post Invisalign smile will look like. We can take a detailed impression of the patient’s mouth, send it to Invisalign, and have a simulation video made of their new smile. We can then make adjustments to the smile that the patient wants to see before committing to the final treatment.
Once your Invisalign® trays are in, Maxus Dental will contact you for your first official Invisalign® fitting.
Doctor Adams will make sure your aligners fit perfectly, and will review what you can expect moving forward. If you have any questions for him this is the perfect time to ask! We will then schedule regular doctor check-ins face-to-face check-ups every 6-8 weeks to check your progress and pick up the next set of aligners. This process will continue through to the end of your Invisalign® treatment. Your very last aligner then becomes your permanent Invisalign® retainer you should sleep with your Invisalign® retainer every night.
Advantages of Invisalign® Treatment
Invisalign® clear braces offer the flexibility of being fully removable. They are also more aesthetically pleasing for someone who might have a fear of getting metal braces at a critical age. Another advantage of Invisalign® treatment is that it can reduce the risk of gum disease and tooth decay mainly because things can’t get stuck in them the way food does with braces. They are also easier to clean. As the American Dental Association points out, straightening misaligned teeth can have an important impact on a person’s overall dental health.
Now Accepting New Patients
20285 SW Tualatin Valley Hwy, Aloha, OR 97003